Personal Card ServicesPut the power of Mercantile in your pocket.
Contact Mercantile Card Services
During Bank Hours: 800.453.8700
- Debit/ATM Cards: During Non-Bank Hours: 844.646.5468
- Credit Cards: During Non-Bank Hours: 866.839.3409
To Report Lost or Stolen Cards
- During Bank Hours: 616.406.3870
- During Non-Bank Hours: 844.646.5468
- During Bank Hours: 616.406.3870
- During Non-Bank Hours: 866.839.3485
Change or Reset Your PIN
Call 1.800.992.3808 or visit any Mercantile Bank ATM
- Credit Cards: 866.839.3409
- Debit/ATM Cards: 877.253.8807
By informing us of your travel and/or purchase plans, we can work to ensure that you are able to use your debit card without the fear of having your transactions declined.
- Call us during normal business hours at 800.453.8700.
- Send us a secure message with your account and travel details.
- Stop into any branch location during normal business hours.
- Send us a secure message when logged into Internet Banking.
Mercantile MyCard Debit Card
Personalize your Mercantile debit card with your favorite image for only $9.95. The My Card debit card is only available with personal checking accounts.
Mercantile Visa Debit Card
Save time and money with the quick, no-hassle purchasing ability of the Visa Debit Card. It's a debit card that acts like a check only faster, easier and safer. And it's accepted just like a Visa Credit Card at millions of locations worldwide!
Mercantile Visa Credit Card
Building a successful financial plan takes the right resources. That's why we work hard to provide you with quality financial services and products. Like our convenient, flexible Visa® and Visa® Gold Credit Cards.
Mercantile Health Savings Account (HSA) Debit Card
HSAs provide a way to set aside funds to pay for medical expenses, both today and in the future. The HSA Debit Card can be used for your healthcare expenses - the cost is automatically deducted from your Health Savings Account.
Mercantile Reloadable Card
Reloadable cards are an affordable alternative to check cashing.
Mercantile Travel Card
Travel cards are more convenient than traveler's checks and more secure than cash. This prepaid re-loadable card is recognized worldwide and accepted at merchants and at ATMs.
A mobile app integrated within MercMobile that lets you control debit card usage and spending on the go.
The first time you click on MercCards within MercMobile, you will be directed to the App Store to download the app. You will only need to do this one time.
- Card usage controls: Establish spending limits to allow transactions up to a certain dollar amount and decline transactions when amounts exceed pre-defined thresholds. Transactions can also be monitored or controlled for specific merchant categories such as gas, hotel, travel, restaurants, groceries or electronic stores.
- Card on/off setting: When the card is "on," transactions are allowed in accordance with the usage control settings you've established. When the card is "off," no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is turned back "on." This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card.
- Location-based controls: Restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of your location (using your phone's GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified area can be declined.
- Fraud protection: Report or restrict PIN and signature transactions, enabling you to manage, track and report specific types of transactions and quickly detect unauthorized activity.
- Interactive alerts: Real-time alerts can be sent when a card is used, when a transaction is approved and exceeds any of the permitted use policies, or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined.
- Financial features: Conduct limited card-related transactions wherever you are, any time of the day, including real-time balance inquiries and locating ATMs.
NOTE: MercCards is only available within MercMobile, it cannot be accessed on the desktop.
SecurLOCK™ Equip allows you to control how, when and where your Mercantile credit card is used. It is a simple and secure way to manage and monitor your payment transaction activity. SecurLOCK Equip can help keep your credit cards safe and provide instant notifications whenever your card is used.
- Turn cards on/off to enable or disable usage
- Set controls and alerts by channel (in-store, online, mobile, ATM, etc.)
- Set transaction spend limits
- Select geographic locations where the card can be used
- Set specific merchant categories
- View recent transaction history
- Receive real-time alerts
Mobile Wallets are quickly becoming a more accepted and convenient method of payment for consumers wanting to use their mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, wearable devices, etc.) for purchases. Mercantile has partnered with multiple industry-leading Mobile Wallet providers bringing flexibility in choosing an option that best fits you. Mercantile cardholders can use Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Visa Checkout, and PayPal to make purchases at a growing list of retailers and online merchants. At Mercantile, you can rely on us to offer the best Mobile Wallet solutions to meet your personal needs. And with our MercMobile® and MercMoney® apps, you'll be able to do all your banking, track your purchases, and monitor your budget while on the go as well. It's that easy!*
Why would I use a mobile wallet?
Mobile wallets offer increased security. They're safer than carrying a credit card or cash in your wallet, because information stored in mobile wallets is encrypted, so the details of your credit card, for instance, aren't accessible to others. When mobile wallets transmit data to make payments, they never transmit your actual account numbers. Instead, they use encrypted payment codes. And your phone can't be opened without your fingerprint or a personal identification number, so getting to your data is much tougher than opening up your wallet.
*The terms and account agreement that govern your Mercantile Bank Card do not change when you add your Mercantile Card to a mobile wallet (The Wallet). The Wallet simply provides another way for you to make purchases with the Mercantile Card. Any applicable interest, fees, and charges that apply to your Mercantile Card will also apply when you use the Wallet to access your Mercantile Card. Mercantile Bank does not charge you any additional fees for adding your Mercantile Card to the Wallet or using your Mercantile Card in the Wallet. The Wallet provider and other third parties such as wireless companies or data service providers may charge you fees.
Mercantile Bank is not the provider of the Wallet, and we are not responsible for providing the Wallet service to you. We are only responsible for supplying information securely to the Wallet provider to allow usage of the Mercantile Card in the Wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the Wallet or the inability to use the Wallet for any transaction. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the Wallet provider or associated third‐party relationships that may impact your use of the Wallet.
If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about the Wallet, contact the Wallet provider using the information given to you by the provider. If your question, dispute, or complaint is about your Mercantile Card, then contact us at: 1-800-453-8700.